R16 000 a month
Admin Assistant Vacancy:
Vacancy available for an admin assistant to Financial Advisors at an independent advisory firm in Transnet. We are in need of an admin assistant to help reduce the volume of work currently handled by our admin department.
Grade 12 (Essential). A minimum of 2 years’ experience at a financial advisory practice is crucial.
- Job type: 3-month temp job - after 3 months permanent position.
- Hours: Full day (Monday – Thursday 8:00 to 16:30) (Fridays 7:30 to 16:00)
- Salary: ±R16,000 p.m.
- Starting date: 14 February 2020
- Own vehicle, transport and driver's license essential.
Experience, knowledge and skills required:
- Fully Bilingual in Afrikaans (must speak fluently) & English.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Methodical, detailed and organised work style.
- Professional corporate appearance.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Team player and can take initiative.
- Proactive with a sense of urgency.
- People Orientated.
- Thorough knowledge of FIC and FAIS legislation would be advantageous.
- Must be proficient in MS Excel, Word, Powerpoint.
- Must be familiar with Google drive / docs (similar to MS Word & Excel).
- Able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Good time management skills.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Secretarial duties - scheduling meetings, general office administration, correspondence with clients and service providers;
- Assisting the financial advisor in his job servicing existing clients as well as new clients - handling preparation of all meeting documentation, application forms and follow ups;
- Filing, capturing client data, updating spreadsheets and word documents;
- Processing of new business - pre-populate documentation, check all proposals and application forms, submission of application forms to service providers / insurance companies;
- Follow-up all client transactions, implementation of new business etc;
- Drawing statements from service providers and summarising client portfolio information;
- Preparation of the necessary presentations, investment summaries and documentation for client review meetings.
- Assist with FAIS and FICA compliance and any other compliance requirements
- Scan to file all new business documents in client folder.
- General office duties which include but are not limited to filing, scanning, printing, ordering stationary and any other duties which may be associated therewith.
- Be telephonically available for client queries, and act as initial point of contact for client queries.
- Maintain an appropriate filing and recording system – both hardcopies and electronically.
- Ensure that investments and assets under management and the recording thereof are kept up to date and current and send out statements on a monthly basis.
- It is essential that the candidate has the ability to multitask and to work under pressure.
- Naturally adept at administration.
- Strong administration and logistic orientation.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Aspire to delight the customer.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent command of English and Afrikaans, both verbally and written
- Enjoy working with people.
- Professional demeanour and approach.
- Follow instructions with care, correctly and timeously.
- Able to multitask.
- Able to work and follow instructions.
- Applying skills with initiative and sound judgement.
- Diligent, energetic and enthusiastic.
- Pro-active and self-motivating.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Structured, organised and thorough.
- Attention to detail in executing duties.
- Good internal communication between employees to ensure smooth business & healthy relationships.
- The long-term focus of building a strong and trusted financial advisor brand with a large client base through exceptional customer service.
- Acting as the first point of contact (emails, WhatApps and phone calls).
- Assisting admin department (clerical tasks and daily data capturing).
- Be customer service focused (good communicator).
- Delivery Orientated.
- Team Player.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Willingness to learn.
- Attention to detail.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: R16,000.00 /month
- English (Required)